Use furniture sliders. These are placed under the legs of the furniture and make it easier to move across the floor. Another way is to use a furniture dolly. This is a platform that you can roll the furniture on top of.
How Can You Move Heavy Furniture Without Damaging Your Floors?
We all know how frustrating it is to move heavy furniture and then realize we’ve scratched up our floors in the process. Luckily, there are a few things you can do to avoid this outcome! With a little bit of preparation and the right tools, you can move your furniture without damaging your floors.
Here’s what you’ll need:
-A furniture dolly (optional)
-A few old blankets or towels
Now, let’s get started:
1. Clear a path: Before you start moving any furniture, it’s important to clear a path from the door to the destination. This will help you avoid any potential hazards, like trip hazards or obstacles that could damage your furniture.
2. Place furniture sliders under each leg of the piece you’re moving: This is perhaps the most important step! By placing furniture sliders under each leg of the piece you’re moving, you’ll be able to glide it across the floor without any resistance. Be sure to place the sliders on a hard surface (like tile or hardwood) rather than carpet, as this could damage your carpet.
3. Use a furniture dolly (optional): If you have a large or heavy piece of furniture, you may want to use a furniture dolly to help move it. This will take some of the weight off of your arms and make it easier to maneuver.
4. Wrap it up: To further protect your furniture (and your floors), you may want to wrap it in old blankets or towels. This will help prevent any scratches or dents that could occur during the move.
5. Lift and slide: Now that your furniture is all prepped and ready to go, it’s time to lift and slide it to its new location. Be sure to lift with your legs and not your back, and use caution when sliding it across the floor.
And that’s it! With these simple steps, you can move your furniture without damaging your floors.
Tips For Moving Heavy Furniture Without Scratching The Floor
Some tips for moving heavy furniture without scratching the floor are to use furniture sliders and to lift the furniture rather than dragging it.
When it comes time to move heavy furniture, there are some things you can do to protect your floors from scratches.
1. Use Furniture Pads or Blankets
You can buy special furniture pads at most hardware stores, or you can use old blankets or towels. Just make sure whatever you use is thick enough to provide a buffer between the furniture and the floor.
2. Lift, Don’t Slide
It’s tempting to just try to slide heavy furniture across the floor, but this is more likely to scratch the floor. Instead, lift the furniture up and carry it. You may need to recruit a friend to help you.
3. Put Down a Sheet of Plywood
If you’re really worried about scratches, you can put down a sheet of plywood before you start moving furniture. This will provide an extra layer of protection between the furniture and the floor.
4. Use Furniture Sliders
These are special discs that you can put under the legs of furniture to make it easier to move. They’re available at most hardware stores.
5. Go slowly
Even if you’re using furniture sliders, it’s important to go slowly and be careful. Sudden stops and starts can still scratch the floor.
By following these tips, you can help protect your floors from scratches when you’re moving heavy furniture.
- How Much Does It Cost To Move A Jacuzzi? - November 2, 2022
- How To Move A Garage? - October 31, 2022
- How To Move Out Of State As A Single Mom? - October 31, 2022